Tuesday, August 23, 2016
We had another ultrasound this week because my fluid levels were looking a little low. Thankfully, again, all looks just fine and we got another sweet look at little one. The ultrasound tech was so excited because she got a good look at baby's ear and she said that is not very common.
I am feeling all the feelings still of being super pregnant. Both physically and emotionally. Physically, I have lots of contractions throughout the day and I feel this baby in my hips much more than I remember feeling with the boys. Walking is much more of a task this time around. Lots of leg, back, and feet aches. And my rib is still so tender and sore. Emotionally, feelings of "this baby will never be here" to "oh my goodness baby will be here before we know it!" in a matter of seconds. And the constant thought of "what is my action plan if I go into labor now." or "what will I do if my water breaks here" etc.
Doug made the comment that this is the "move-iest" baby we have had. He was sitting across the room and he could see the ripples of my stomach as baby moved all around.
I had a super vivid dream this week that it is a girl. Doug is still thinking boy. And I am thinking girl but I always have thought girl and we have boys so then I come back around to thinking it is a boy. My mental processes are real fun these days.
Speaking of mental processes, Henry got a black eye from wrestling around with Jack this week and my first thought was "this baby can't come until his eye is healed! I don't want pictures of him meeting the baby with a black eye". My mind is a real treat I tell you.
Had a good pregnant cry this week and Henry walked in the room and noticed. As he left the room he asked Doug "What is Mom fussing about?" Doug and I both immediately started laughing and it immediately made me feel so much better.
Wednesday, August 17, 2016
We had the growth check this week to see how little one is growing. Everything is looking great! And baby already weighs over 6 pounds. It is always such a treat getting to see precious baby. This time we got a really good look at the face and could even see the eyes blinking. It is always so amazing. I think baby looks like Jack! But we will see, in only a few short weeks.
Doug got to feel some really good baby movements the other night. Baby had his/her foot sticking straight out and you could see it through my belly. Again, so amazing. And it never gets old.
I am at the point where I get asked about a million times how I am feeling. I am thankful that I can still say that I still generally feel pretty good. Sure it hurts to walk, my rib is still painful, and I can't get up and down with ease. But really, overall not too bad and I know so many other ladies have it so much worse at this point in pregnancy.
I do have to do a three point turn to turn over in bed at night. I am sure Doug is looking forward to a sharing a bed with someone that does not cause quite as much bed movement in the night.
I am feeling like this baby will come early, but I also think literally every single pregnant lady thinks that. So I am not giving those thoughts too much weight. But I have packed bags just in case.
Thursday, August 11, 2016
Doug is a champ and agreed to snap some pictures of the boys with "the bump". Forced photos are not really our strength in our family but I was so pleased to have one where both boys are looking and have smiles on their faces. It really is crazy to think that this is my last pregnancy and last big belly. I have loved walking through this pregnancy with these two sweet boys by my side and their faithful father.
We went to the doctor this week and he said I am measuring small so we will do a growth check next week. I am not quite sure how this large belly of mine could be considered "small" in any way. We are hoping and praying that all is just fine. I have also already to start progressing a little! So crazy.
Doug and I went up to the hospital to preregister this week. We parked super far away by accident and got lost trying to leave the hospital to find our car. If for no other reason than knowing where we are parking and going, I am so glad we had a chance to go up to the hospital pre-labor. But it is also nice to have papers signed and questions answered.
The boys are just the very sweetest. I hope I have communicated that well. Henry is constantly checking on me, giving me foot rubs, and asking how big the baby is now. Jack pats my belly throughout the day, asks when the baby will be here to ride in the car with him, and talks to the baby. It is so sweet and exciting for everyone.
Nesting is one of my top three favorite things about being pregnant. It is in full swing around here but I am realizing I have to take more breaks and rest more than I remember with the boys. Every closet, cabinet, drawer, and shelf has been touched. Doug was even a champ this weekend and helped organize our entire garage.
Tuesday, August 2, 2016
- I find myself thinking, dreaming, and praying for this new little one all throughout the day. I am getting so excited and ready to meet this baby and to see how he/she fits into our family and our lives. The boys are getting equally excited and possibly confused as to if and when this baby will actually be born.
- We converted Jack's bed back to a crib, cleaned out the van and moved car seats all around, picked out outfits and unpacked the baby toy box. The next morning Jack came out of his room and asked "Where is the baby, Mom?" It is getting more and more real for all of us.
- I think being super pregnant and hot is making for some more symptoms that I never had with the boys. By the end of each day my feet are achy and swollen. And I have been more nauseated at night and just not very hungry in general. Except for sugar after my afternoon naps. Darn my sister for leaving us a huge box of oatmeal cream pies. I hate every single one of those things over the past month.
- Speaking of sleep. I take a nap nearly everyday. I always lay down and think that I will just rest for a bit but always end up sleeping hard for about an hour. I am still getting good sleep at night! Praise Jesus for that.
- Doug commented this week that he thinks this baby moves more than H and J did. I think I agree. It is truthfully hard to remember, but this sweet one really does kick and squirm and move all around. There are times I really think the baby is stretching allllll the way out and it literally changes the entire shape of my stomach. Such a fun thing!