Sunday, June 26, 2016
Jack 2.5 Years:
Oh Jack, you are such a delight! Some things to remember about you at this stage in your life:
- You love to fill up buckets and bags with all your toys and carry them around the house. You also love to line things up. Blocks, plastic animals, the rubber ducks at the library, etc.
- You love diggers and dozers. And playing with your hammer and tools throughout the day. You are a worker and can be found moving around from thing to thing "fixing things" and "building buildings".
- You call downtown "daddy's downtown", you call diaper cream "sour cream", you love to say "No" every time Dad tells you he loves you.
- You have a lot of emotions and have a hard time when you get in trouble. You push the limits (like all two year olds) but don't handle correction well. The go-to emotions are embarrassment and anger. So we are working through all those fun things with you currently. You also show so many wonderful emotions as well. You give love very easily and love to make us laugh.
- Your teachers at school tell me you are a leader and that the other kids follow you around and play what you are doing. You are also very good at greeting your friends and help keep them in line by telling them where they need to be.
- You eat just about everything. Including olives and mushrooms which neither Henry or Dad do. So thanks for being on my team. You also ask me to make you noodles at least once throughout the day. But really I can't even think of your favorite foods because you eat everything.
- You take one nap in the afternoon for about 1-2 hours. You are going to bed around 7:30 or 8:00. You climbed out of your crib about a month ago so we bit the bullet and moved you to your toddler bed. You have been doing so well! Most nights you sleep in your bed until about 7 am and bedtime we only have to go in a few times generally before you fall asleep. You still sleep with your paci and your beloved blankie.
- You love Weezer and always ask for me to turn it up even when it is already soo loud. Future rock star maybe?
- You love to sing songs and have us sing songs with you. Your go-to songs are ABC's, Jesus Loves Me, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Twinkle Twinkle Star, and My God is so Big.
- You know all your colors, shapes, and can count to 13 or 14. You love the letter "R" and like to point it out to us when you see it around.
- You love to be chased and jump and run. You are a good climber and are a bit reckless when it comes to how you approach life. You are pretty daring and love to just run into things and roll around.