Sunday, June 26, 2016
- You are still nature obsessed and tell everyone you want to be a herpotologist when you grow up. And half the time you have to go on and explain what that is because most people have no clue what that is. You love nature books, nature documentaries, and Wild Kratt's. You constantly teach us new things about animals.
- I have noticed more lately that when I am in a conversation with another adult you are generally close by giving your input and telling your stories. It is sweet to see you talk with adults and feel comfortable to share your thoughts.
- You (finally) have started to sleep in your own bed all night long. You made a chart and are diligent to mark the boxes off each morning that you have made it to 6 am without coming to our room at night.
- You tell everyone you are 4 1/2 and we have the same conversation nearly every single day where you go through all your cousins and ask who is the oldest. You also love to tell people you wear size 5T now.
- You don't nap during the day anymore but you do have rest time where you watch your shows. You love all kinds of shows and rotate through them regularly.
- You love to draw animals and color pictures. You sit and work on your artwork for a long time if you are really focused on it. Most of your art is very colorful.
- Our rough moments with you mainly come in the later afternoon when you kinda tired and kinda hungry. We push through to dinner and then you are generally good to go.
- You love puzzles, building houses and forts, and playing memory. You beat me nearly every time we play but have yet gotten to the level of beating Dad consistently. The first few times you lost to Dad we had melt down city because you lost, but overall you have become a much better sport and say "good game" after he wins.
- You are a logical thinker and soak everything up. The other night you were laughing and asked me what in the world we are going to do when we have three kids and only two adults in our family once the baby is born. I told you that we had no idea but that we would figure it out. I also overheard you rattling off intersections around town the other day and they were ones that we don't even talk about all that often. You are always listening and always learning.
- You start every prayer by saying "Good morning, dear Jesus" and it makes me smile every single time.
- You like me to sing you "church songs" at night when I am putting you to bed. So every night we sing Amazing Grace, Great is Thy Faithfulness, and the Doxology. You come to 'big church' with us every Sunday and sit so well. Of course you eat snacks, color, and ask to look at animal pictures on Dad's phone through the whole service. But you are quiet, respectful, and learning things.
- You are a great helper around the house about the half the time. The other half I have to remind you or ask you several times. But when you are in the right mood you will make your bed, empty the dishwasher, start laundry, set the table, and pick up all your toys. I love watching you grow in your independence and learn new things.
- You completed your first year of preschool and had such a great year. Your best friend is Hudson and you love your science class best. It is so fun to see how much you have learned already and you are counting down the days until school starts again.