Thursday, March 31, 2016
Baby #3!! 16 Weeks:
So we have been a bit busy over here in our house. Especially me. Growing another little human! I woke up on Sunday January 3rd and snuck to the bathroom to take a pregnancy test. I had a small suspicion that I was maybe pregnant. [naps in the afternoons, super stuffy nose, an overly emotional reaction to soup, an especially cranky day when Doug was sick]. It immediately turned positive and I immediately rushed into our room and slipped into bed next to Doug and whispered "I am pregnant". We were both overjoyed!
So here we are...16 weeks along with our third little one. In the spirit of documenting all the things here is the cliff notes version of the first trimester:
- We told Henry and Jack around week 8. Henry was so excited and Jack just kept looking at his belly for a baby. The next day at school every single person in his class knew because he was telling the world.
- Our nightly routine became put the boys to bed and then I immediately crawled into our bed. Doug lovingly laid with me and we watched Top Chef episodes and stayed warm through January and February with our little space heater running in our room. I fell asleep in bed every single night around 8:00.
- No throw-up [thank you Jesus], but lots of nauseous. Especially in the afternoons. No food aversions. If anything, I just wanted lots of food all the time. Especially food made for me by someone else with more energy than myself or from a restaurant. The nauseous has stuck around longer this time as well. Here at 16 weeks I still have trouble every once in a while.
- Stronger cravings this time around then the others. But the cravings are all over the place. Key lime pie has been the most reoccurring craving. The other main cravings have been hamburgers and french fries, Jimmy John's tuna sandwiches , honey graham cereal, hummus and pita, and Mazzio's salad bar.
- The fatigue. Oh, the fatigue. I get more tired with each baby and I think it is due in large part to number of children outside my womb I am tending to during the day.
- Vivid pregnancy dreams are back! Ugh. The other night I dreamed I went back to high school to play basketball so I could be homecoming queen. I was sitting on the bench during a game and I leaned over to my coach to tell her I was pregnant. But the doctor had given me permission to play basketball. Oh boy. These dreams are so strange.
- Just within this past week I have started to feel more little tiny movements. This morning Doug had his hand on my belly for a while and felt little signs of life in there.