Friday, May 15, 2015

Mother's Day:




Captures my life and this mother's day pretty perfectly.

I woke up and had a gift waiting (the book Yes Please, because I have very sophisticated taste in books) and coffee and Doug even made me some eggs. Charles came for a night and was able to join in the celebration. His first words to me were "Happy Mother's Day". He is the sweetest. I prepped for our lunch and then we headed to church.

The boys both made paintings for me in their classes. And Henry bruised his leg terribly on a pew as we were trying to leave. So I carried a screaming toddler out to the car.

We had a fun lunch celebrating Mother's Day and Karen's birthday. We had chicken salad and tuna salad sandwiches, pasta salad, fruit salad, chips, pickles, sparkling lemonade and strawberry shortcake for dessert.

Then we played in the living room and I attempted to get a picture with my two boys and this is what we ended up with.

Emily watched the boys that night so Doug and I could go out for our anniversary.

Overall, just the most perfect day. My heart is so full at the gift of being a mother.

No comments: