Saturday, March 21, 2015

Spring Break:











We had Spring Break this past week from our Mother's Day Out program. I had not really planned anything in advance to do, but it turned out to be a super fun week together.

We had corned beef for St.Patrick's day a day early. And when I say we, I mostly mean Doug.

We made a visit to camp and enjoyed seeing friends and getting to play at Hannah and Nathan's house and Watson's house all in one day! It was fun to be back in those living rooms with those people. Teresa invited us to dinner and we stayed and had even more fun. Until Jack melted and had to go home. It is nice being back with 'easy' friends. It is like second nature sitting on their bar stools catching up.

We had cousin Caden over for a sleepover. The boys made some monsters out of pipe cleaners and fuzzy balls. They played chase about 90% of the time they were playing. We had mac and cheese, hot dogs, and pancakes. All pretty perfect sleep over food in my opinion. We tried to let the boys sleep together in the same room but Caden was not too enthused about Henry's constant talking. I am not sure why.

I braved my way to the closest Goodwill. And I do mean braved. I had no clue where I was going and had to drive through some pretty interesting streets of Tulsa, but I ended up at a nice store with an amazing book selection. I also found a shirt for Doug and a shirt for me. I picked up one and was seriously considering it until Henry said "Mom, you already have a shirt like that!". It was all I needed to hear to put it back on the shelf and resist buying another shirt like one I already have.

We met Doug downtown for a story time in the park. They had snacks and read Where the Wild Things are. Henry and Jack were willing to observe, but not willing to participate. We ended up running on the grass and having Doug take turns throwing the boys in the air. We ended up eating Tacos for lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant. It is the one I always want to eat when we are downtown.

I was also able to catch up on laundry, go grocery shopping twice, made the best roasted sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts for dinner one night, and lots of back yard play time.

It really was a wonderful break.

No comments: