Wednesday, August 27, 2014
- 19.25 pounds. 29.25 inches.
- You have pulled to standing a few times. And every time you get this half terrified/half excited look on your face.
- You sleep well during the day and you don't fight your naps most days! (Thank You!!) Our nights are not nearly as hard as they were with Henry at this age, but you still wake up most nights between 3-5 and nurse and go back to sleep until 7:30 ish.
- You were being super goofy the other day and playing with a tooth brush cover and making funny noises with it. Dad was laughing at you which only encouraged your silliness. We were all laughing together.
- One of my favorite things you currently do is point at things with your little index finger pointed out. You loved to point gently (for the most part) at Gram's necklaces and Papa's facial hair.
- You had your first sickness. Boo. High fever for a few days and you were very sleepy. We got lots of good snuggles but we sure are glad you are feeling better again. My arms were gettting pretty tired of holding you all the time.
- You have moved past the puff's stage onto Cheerios! I love this milestone because Cheerios are sooo much cheaper. In fact, you are kinda over mushy food. You just want what we are eating. You got to try lots of new things while we were with Gram and Papa. Strawberries, rice, cheesy potatoes, and fried chicken. You were getting spoiled!
- You love to army crawl around the house and play with Henry. You especially like playing with Dad and Henry when they are laying on the floor.
- Diaper changes and changing your clothes is rather difficult. You squirm and move and try to sit up on the changing table. Once you are sitting you give us a huge smile like "look what I can do!!". We are proud, but really you need to sit still when we are changing you!
- Your smile continues to grow bigger and cuter by the day. You really are such a sweet boy and you bring us joy on a daily basis.
Monday, August 25, 2014
I turned 28 a little while ago and I almost totally forgot to even document my day! This year we got back the night before my birthday from our big trip to Montana so I was a little out of sorts on my actual birthday. Post trip blues you know. But overall it was still a nice day. Doug let me sleep in and took care of the boys and I got a super long nap in the afternoon! We ate at our favorite mexican restaurant in town and even splurged on the cheese dip and chips. Doug got me a coffee pour over mug and he built me a beautiful shelf. Henry and Jack were thoughtful enough to buy me some birthday flowers and some chocolate ice-cream. I am loved very well.
I am so thankful for all the beautiful things the Lord has lavished on me! I pray that I will continue to grow in his love, grace, and truth as the years go by.
Saturday, August 23, 2014
We happened to be in town on the Fire Station's Open House. Henry was in awe and honestly I think we all were excited to see the trucks and equipment up close. The favorite was watching the life flight helicopter land. We also got to try on hats and boots. Sit in a firetruck and the helicopter. And we all even got our own fire man badge. It was a fun afternoon. Jack slept through most of it but woke up in time to see the firemen's work out room. So, he obviously missed all the really cool parts of the tour.
Friday, August 22, 2014
Here are some non-Instagram photos for your viewing pleasure. And uploading these on to our computer reminded me of some other things:
- My parent's backyard is wonderful and we spent lots of time outside playing Frisbee and swinging on the deck. Henry diligently helped Papa water the trees and plants on a daily basis. And we even had a picnic together. It was a rather odd, but fun picnic as our menu was bison burgers and pot stickers. East meets the West picnic. The truth is Andrew and Kyle were getting ready to head back to Pennsylvania and we wanted to eat both things before they left so we just had them together. It worked out just fine.
- I am convinced that Henry got his watermelon loving gene straight from Papa. It was rather special seeing them enjoy their favorite fruit together.
And I am going to go ahead and warn you that there is still another Montana post in the making. Want a preview: lots of firetrucks and a happy toddler are involved.
Thursday, August 21, 2014
We pulled off a pretty spectacular surprise visit to my family in Montana. They all knew Emily would be driving home from her internship this summer here in OK. They did not know that we were coming with her for a whole week. There were tears, jumping, lots of screams, and a very scared Jack who was not entirely sure why everyone was freaking out.
Doug drove out and joined the fun a few days after we got there. We managed to squeeze in lots of fun things even though overall we just spent time together. Everyone was still working so we enjoyed lunch breaks when we could and time in the evenings. Pretty sure we visited almost every park in Bozeman and thrift store. We also got to go on a date which included mac and cheese in a skillet. Church on Sunday. We celebrated my birthday with family which was probably the first time in the past ten years. Went to a Potato Festival which by the time we got there they had run out of potatoes ?!? Had pizza in a park with Andrew who was in town for a few days from Pennsylvania. Went on several walks and bike rides. Sat around the fire pit outside. Watched Curious George early in the mornings. Enjoyed the perfect mountain weather.
It really was a wonderful week together. Such a great time of just joining in their life in Bozeman. Time with siblings is always wonderful. Talks with mom and dad are always refreshing. And eating so much good food in one week is always fine by me.
This is our fourth 18+ hour road trip with Henry and Jack's second. Traveling with kids is hard...but so worth it. I already loved our mini-van, but my love is at a whole new level now that I have spent four days traveling in it over the past two weeks. Thank you Lord for the beauty of a nice mini-van.
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
- You sit up like a champ! I love looking over and seeing you just sitting up playing with your toys.
- You move fast!! Still not up on all fours like traditional crawling but I wonder if you will ever need that mode of transportation.
- No teeth yet, but teething symptoms. I am thinking you are going to teeth like Henry. Slow and steady.
- Eating well. The only thing you don't really like are green beans.
- Still getting daily comments on your smile and your tuft of hair.