Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Very Busy Weekend Away:








We had a very very busy and wonderful time away this past weekend. 

We got to meet our newest nephew (bringing the total to six nephews and one sweet niece) Isaac Bradley. He came into the world two weeks early and is a tiny, sweet little one. His hair is adorable and it was so fun getting to spend some time with him and his whole family. 

I went out to dinner with some of the best friends a girl could ever have to celebrate Ashley's birthday. It was a special time celebrating our sweet friend and having conversation and a meal without the distractions of little ones. We also ate some of the best chocolate cake I have ever had. So it really was a pretty perfect time. 

We got to meet baby Eli Nail for the first time! Another sweet boy in the party of boys we have going not only in our family but also in our friend group.

We ate dinner with Grandma at Blue Moon and took a tiny walk down Brookside before heading back home for bedtime.

Church (!!) on Sunday is always a highlight of weekends in Tulsa. In our current life, church rarely happens due to Doug's job. When he is off it is priority to go. So good for our hearts and souls and I miss it deeply.

Then time with Pop Pop and Ju Ji. Family gatherings are only going to get much much crazier before it calms down. With all these boys and all being under the age of 2 1/2 it is going to get crazy!! But such a good crazy. It is always good to see them and I am glad we are close enough to be around for these get-together's.

And our weekend ended with a frozen pizza night with the Odom's. Really one of my favorite things we do together and a refreshing time of encouragement, friendship, and lots of loud moments since once again we had four children under the age of 2 1/2 in one house. So wonderfully crazy beautiful.

Also to note Henry fell asleep in the car twice throughout our weekend which NEVER happens. We missed lots of naps and had horrible night time sleep so I told Doug "my bones are tired and this is the most tired I have been since having Jack". Monday was a super sleepy day around our house and I think we are still in recovery mode. It was so worth the tiredness. One of those times in life when my heart is so full and blessed by time away with people we really love but my body is exhausted from going going going. It is good to be back home and in our beds but I am ready for another three day weekend already!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I am so glad I got to spend time with you this weekend! I am so thankful for you and the time we get to spend together is so sweet.