Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day 2014:




First Mother's Day with two babies. We went to church, took naps, and then watched a very sad Thunder playoff loss. I did not want to cook dinner and I wanted to leave our town. So we ended up driving around and through a series of events found our family sitting down to eat dinner at Red Lobster. I honestly felt like we were in a sitcom. The dinner was about as good as you can expect. Then we drove home and Jack screamed the whole way home. So then it really felt like we were living in a movie. All in all though it was a great day. I did not cook all day. Doug did not work all day!! And I got to be with my boys. The ones that I am blessed to be their mom. 

And on the way home I crawled in the back and sat between the boys in an attempt to get Jack to stop screaming. At one point Henry leaned over and said "Mama, you so beautiful. I like your shirt. I want a hug" and then tears came to my eyes as I hugged Henry in his car seat. I am so overwhelmed with love for these little ones. So thankful to be squeezed between two boys in the back of a mini-van. No place I would rather be. 



No comments: