Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Our Night with Martin Short:




On one of our drives over to Tulsa we noticed a billboard advertising a performance by Martin Short. I immediately looked up tickets to try to surprise Doug but he noticed the sign and said that he had to go to that. So, no surprise. But tickets were purchased.

Martin Short is a comedy hero in Doug's eyes. I do not know as much of his work as Doug does but what I do know (Three Amigos and Father of the Bride movies) I love. I think Doug almost teared up when he walked onto the stage. For the next hour and a half we laughed. He put on a good show and we were entertained by his singing, dancing, story telling, and facial expressions. He is a funny man.

We were the youngest people there by about 20 years in our section of seating. At one point he walked down into the audience and walked right by us and I got so nervous that he was going to ask me to go on stage. It would have been Doug's dream come true. Opposites attract, right?

I love doing fun things, especially with Doug, and especially when you sit and laugh for a long time. It is good for the soul.

No comments: