Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Lately:






Life has been crazy. Full of good and hard things. Happy and sad moments. Some really awesome naps and some really horrible nights of sleep. Days where everything clicked and days where we are fighting and struggling through each hour. You know, the usual for a family with a toddler and a baby in the house. [And please enjoy the very random assortment of pictures I found on our camera]

- We grieved the loss of our sweet nephew, Elijah Clark. He was born at 28 weeks without any kidneys. His eight hour life was pretty special and the week surrounding that time was also so special. My parents and sisters were all together for a few days. It was a sweet time and through it all I love seeing God's love and faithfulness. He is so good.

- Then I was in a car wreck and totaled our car. A lady just pulled right out in front of me on the highway. I was just fine, thankfully. And now we are driving around a sweet mini-van. Thanks to insurance money, a husband that looks for the absolute best deal, and some tax money we are now driving the nicest (most pimpin' as Doug calls it) gold minivan. We said we never wanted to drive a gold van..so of course the one we found was gold. But really, it is a huge blessing and I am overwhelmed again at God's love and faithfulness. In big things like keeping me safe and well during a crazy wreck and small things like finding a van with automatic sliding doors and leather seats that make my life as a mom so much easier.

- We have had play dates with cousin Anson, friends Libby and Sam, and buddy Watson.

- We took a trip up to Joplin, MO for a food show. Doug was kind and let us tag along for the night. It was fun to get away for just a little bit and we enjoyed Target and Starbucks. Anywhere with those two places are better than our current town in my book.

- I attempted to attend a wedding of dear friend, Erin. Hanna and I started the trek down to Conway, AR but thanks to crazy crazy bumper to bumper traffic. We never made it. Saddest day ever. We stopped in Russelville and ate sub sandwiches together and then turned around and came home. We would have missed the whole wedding. It is sad and frustrating but I did enjoy the car/talk time with Hanna. She is a good one.

1 comment:

Ashley @TheCreamToMyCoffee said...

Haha I love that you and Hanna had that experience. I mean, it's almost not funny, but it's just so... funny. Gah, what a trip!