Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Cute Naked Baby Pictures and some Thoughts:


There is just something about a naked baby. This one in particular is especially adorable.

We have been a family of four for three months now. When thinking about adding another child to our family I was nervous about being out in public alone with the two of them. I was nervous about not sleeping, ever. I was nervous about breastfeeding again. I was nervous about labor and delivery since Henry's was rather traumatic for all of us. I was nervous that the new baby would scream and scream and scream. I was nervous that I would not be able to do it.

Looking over these worries is good for my heart and soul. I see the Lord's hand in our family. I see his faithfulness in knowing exactly what our family needed.  I see how you really do just do what needs to be done and you look back and realize that you made it through another day. I know now that your heart is capable of doubling in size when you add another child. And I see that yes there are hard things, babies/toddlers/children are hard, but they are so so worth the work, energy, patience, and time.

I am also challenged to not worry. To find peace and comfort in knowing that worrying will get me nowhere (except more worried!) and that we serve a good God who loves and cares for his children deeply and in beautiful ways.

No comments: