Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Table Doug Built:


We were given a coffee table when we got married. We moved it several times and used it all the time. But then Henry started walking and climbing and I was nervous he would bash his head on the corners and our current living is very small and it was taking up too much floor space, so I sold it. For the past several months I will get a glass of water and put it on the floor by the couch since we have not had a table to put it on. Almost every single time it gets knocked over and leaves a wet spot on the carpet. This has been frustrating Doug for months. Finally one day he stated "I am building you a table to put your cups of water on".

Enter this table.

He used his new kreg jig that he got for Christmas and kept coming into the house and telling me how awesome his new tool is. He even built a drawer for the front to keep our remotes in. I got the fun job of picking out a cute knob for the front. Anthropologie had 50% off all sale items so I was able to get the knob for $1.20.

You will also be glad to know that I have not spilled any water on the carpet since the table has been built. Even though I have spilled my water on the table.

No comments: