Saturday, October 5, 2013

This Past Week We:

- Doug came home from work one night with a fall bouquet of flowers. They were my "happy 32 weeks of pregnancy" bouquet of flowers. He is a great pregnancy cheerleader. I especially need a cheerleader in these last few weeks.
- Henry loves helmets because football players and the smart motorcycle riders wear them. I found a brand new helmet at Salvation Army that fits him perfectly. He wears it to play football in the yard.
- It has been a hot October so far. Henry picked out a pumpkin at the store to paint and since it was over 80 degrees outside I decided to strip him down and paint the pumpkin outside. Less mess inside.
- Watched funny shows that we had DVR'd together. [Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Mindy Project, and Parks and Rec]
- I made my first batch of pumpkin muffins. While Doug was eating one he looked at me and asked how I get the cream cheese into the middle of the muffin. He stopped me before I answered and told me that he just wanted it to remain a secret. My magical muffin baking skill secret. His compliments on my baking are my favorite.
- Watched the first Cardinals play-off game.
- Babysat our sweet friend, Watson.
- Cooked hobo's in our oven.
- Doug cleaned out his closet and got rid of a lot of his clothes that are not very grown-up. Clothing including his hoodies with a deer on the front and one with dragons all over it. I think he is starting to feel that we are now closer to 30 than 20. We are all growing up around here.
- Henry continues to fall asleep on the fall, we move him to his bed, and then he comes into our room in the middle of the night to finish sleeping on the floor. He wakes us up at 6:00 and then he crawls into bed with us.

1 comment:

Ashley @TheCreamToMyCoffee said...

I'm not sure how I feel about Doug getting rid of his "non-grown up clothes." It makes me feel like this is the end of an era. When did we all become adults?!