Sunday, October 27, 2013

Henry's First Haircut:






We have been waiting for Papa to come to town for Henry to get his first haircut. My dad got his haircut at this same barber shop when they lived in town and I thought that it would be so special to have him with us at such a momentous occasion. 

Henry was terrified at first and clung tightly to me. He was mostly scared of the cape they put around his neck. Our barber, Ben, was so great and worked perfectly with an emotional toddler. Henry finally warmed up to what was going on and played with the (empty) ash trays on the old chairs. At one point the older man who was getting his haircut next to us asked me if I knew how much older Henry would look after the haircut. I knew it would happen, but I was surprised at just how much it changed his sweet baby boy face. (There might have been a few mama tears shed later that afternoon when I went in to get him up from his nap.) 

It was a special memory and I am so glad that Papa got to come with us. Henry told people for days about his 'aircut' with Papa. We ended our special morning out with doughnuts and milk at the doughnut shop. Henry was in Papa heaven that whole morning. 



2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi there! My name is Heather and I have a question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

Ashley @TheCreamToMyCoffee said...

Such a fun time with Henry! And I love that your dad got to come too.