Monday, September 30, 2013

This Past Weekend:




We headed over to spend some time with family this weekend while Dada was away on a guy's baseball trip to Texas. It was an exhausting weekend for all, but a great one. H and I spent the night with Christa and her family. We ate fajitas, played outside, watched The Gruffalo (thanks to Uncle Andrew), had doughnuts for breakfast, and enjoyed lots of good conversations.

We also got to see "am-ma" (grandma) and sister Jeanette and her family. We had wagon rides, watched the 'uppets' (muppets), shared snacks, worked on sharing toys, had hamburgers at Braum's, and got a tour of Brad and Jeanette's new house.

I snuck away for a dinner with some of my favorite ladies. Their significant others were also on the trip, so we took advantage of that opportunity and had a girls dinner. We shared desserts, ate bowls of taco salad, and enjoyed great company right in the middle of a weekend without our men.

Doug got back late on Sunday night so Henry was quite surprised and happy to wake up and find dada home. I am not sure which one of us was more excited to have him home. I am so glad that he got to go spend some quality time away with his friends. But, I sure do miss him even if he is just gone for a few nights. I kinda like him...a lot.

1 comment:

Ashley @TheCreamToMyCoffee said...

Sounds like it was a perfect weekend! I'm so sad I missed seeing you, but so soon!