Monday, August 19, 2013

Weeks 24 & 25:




A super strange pregnancy symptom I have experienced this time around (especially during these past few weeks) is congestion and a stuffy nose. It is not a huge deal, but it does make life a bit more inconvenient and deep breathing during my yoga videos is quite a challenge.

I have just entered the stage of pregnancy where I thought this past week..."this baby is going to have to come out at some point". I think since pregnancy is so long (in certain terms) it is easy to coast through the first several months just thinking about being excited about being pregnant. Now that I am only a few weeks away from the third trimester (what!?!) it is go time. Time to start thinking and preparing for childbirth take two. I am rereading my books. Reading lots of birth stories. Searching birth techniques on youtube. Doing stretches. I am getting ready (and excited) for the challenge.

Doug also told me the sweetest thing this week. He is training for a half marathon at the end of the year and then his ultimate goal is a triathlon next year. He told me that when he is working out and it gets hard he thinks about how hard I worked during Henry's delivery and it motivates him to keep going. Just like I did. I thought that was the sweetest thing.

1 comment:

Ashley @TheCreamToMyCoffee said...

That Doug is so sweet :) I can't believe you are so close to the third trimester! I just know baby two's birth is going to be easier than Henry's!