Wednesday, August 21, 2013

27th Birthday:




I turned 27 yesterday and it was a pretty perfect day. I woke up to my sweet boy calling my name from his crib. Doug got home shortly after with not one, but two bouquets of flowers for me. One from him. One from Henry. In his other hand was a cinnamon latte from my favorite coffee shop in town. 

Henry and I headed over to a children's consignment sale and found some good deals on a pair of shoes for him and some maternity shirts for me. We found ourselves in the Goodwill finding all kinds of good deals. This is a major area in my life that the older I get the more I feel myself becoming my mother. I love a good thrift store find. 

Doug asked what I wanted to do that evening. I told him I wanted to go out to dinner with just him. Since adding a child into our lives I cherish those just me and him times. We went into town and split our appetizer, entree, and dessert. In my family growing up it was tradition to go around the table and say something we liked about the person celebrating their birthday. Doug kept with tradition and told me many sweet and kind things. One being "people are always telling me how cute you are". It made be blush a little and laugh a lot. I love the ambiguous 'people' in that statement. 

Other sweet gifts I received: Gwyneth Paltrow's new cookbook, maternity clothes, some checks , note cards, and I bought myself a new pair of shoes and the book Bread and Wine. 

It was a sweet and special day. 

2 comments:

Ashley @TheCreamToMyCoffee said...

What a perfect day! Doug seems to be an ok guy by the way he treated you on your birthday :)

You are so loved, friend. I'm glad you felt it yesterday!

Claire@MyDevising said...

What a fun day!