Monday, August 26, 2013

26 & 27 Weeks:





This baby belly is not messing around. I read somewhere that in the last trimester you grow 1/2 an inch a week. If that is true, I still have seven inches to grow. This could get really interesting and entertaining over here.

I had my glucose test last week and all is well. I was a 140 and you are suppose to have a 139 to pass. The nurse asked the doctor if he was fine with me passing with a 140 and he thankfully agreed! We had a mini-date during the glucose test because we had an hour to kill before the results got back. We went to the bank, walked around Salvation Army and Doug stopped and got coffee. After the appointment we stopped in town for breakfast and to get our babysitter a baked treat.

Henry has learned how to say baby. He also does the sign for it occasionally, which is where you put your arms together and pretend to rock a baby. It is hard to know how much he understands at this point, but he does love to say baby and wave and pat my stomach. It it pretty sweet.

We also did some work in the kids (!) room this week. We have decided to attempt to keep our guest room as it is. We get a lot of use out of it and would hate to lose the space for our guests. Plus, simple is better and by having them in the same room we are forced to make sure it stays simple. We moved some furniture around and Doug will soon be building Henry a new bed so that baby can have the crib.


1 comment:

Ashley @TheCreamToMyCoffee said...

I am so glad you are keeping the guest room! I'm interested to hear how that goes! Aaaaand you are so darn cute. Your belly looks perfect :)