Friday, July 5, 2013

Things My Husband Has Built:




Doug has many many hobbies. He got a saw for Christmas and a subscription to Wood Working magazine...so a new hobby was born. Over the past several months he has slowly added hand built pieces to our home and yard. I really like this hobby of his.

We had to buy a new washer and dyer last summer after our hand-me-downs bit the dust. We did not want to spend the several hundred dollars on stands, so Doug built them for me for Mother's Day for a fraction of the price. It is wonderfully practical.

Then he had some extra pallets laying around down in camp, he brought them home and just a few days later we have this awesome outdoor couch/bed. It was a very cheap project. Free wood, a free mattress, and a half-off sale on outdoor pillows helped with that.We have sat on it everyday so far.

Lastly, we rearranged our living room a while back and needed to figure out something to hang over the couch. I love collage walls but know that Doug hates putting holes in walls. So, I asked for a ledge that I can change as often as I want and it only needed a few holes in the walls. Doug was actually a bit disappointed with how easy this project was. It was so simple and I love how it turned out.

He has already asked me for another project.

No comments: