Saturday, June 29, 2013

We are having a baby...again!


We found out we were expecting baby number 2 on March 18th.  I had to report for jury duty that morning and thought that it would be fun to find out I was pregnant (if I actually was) before having to sit all day long in a court room. I took a test and it was positive. I was slightly shocked since we had several negative tests in the previous months. Called Doug in to the room. And we laughed, hugged, and wiped the tears from our eyes. We were pregnant again! I reported to jury duty smiling and rubbing my belly.

The first trimester went by slowly as each day I fought to stay awake and moving while feeling so sick. Henry was still busy running and playing and being a toddler, so this added to the fatigue. Most nights I was asleep on the couch at 8:00 pm. I felt the best when I was sleeping. So I tried to sleep as much as possible. Doug would scratch my legs to distract me from my upset stomach. I ate a lot of eggs for the protein.

We also took a trip to Austin during the first weeks of this pregnancy. Thinking about that trip makes me slightly nauseous and tired. Not because of the actual trip (or the company), but because of the sickness. I hope that goes away at some point. It really was such a fun trip.

So far the second trimester has been much better than the first. No more upset stomachs. But still fatigued. (the added heat does not help much I am sure). My baby belly has popped and I feel the gentle kicks and flutters that remind me that I really am truly growing a baby inside. Thank the good Lord for the sweet second trimester.