Wednesday, April 3, 2013
We will celebrate five years of marriage in May. This past weekend was one of the only weekends that worked for us to get away for a few nights to celebrate. We decided to go to Austin because neither of us had ever been there, it was semi-close, and it was cheap!
- It was my first time spending a few nights away from Henry. It was wonderful, but weird. I checked the backseat several times on the drive down thinking that Henry was back there. It was nice having a break, but I felt a little lost without him.
- The first night we were there I left my phone in a gas station. I was most sad at the thought that I would not be able to instagram the rest of the trip. Doug was most sad at the thought of how much $$$ it would take to replace. Thankfully the lady had it at the counter.
- We ate lots of wonderful food. The favorites were our lunch at Easy Tiger and our breakfast at 24 Diner.
- The first night I was asleep around 9:30. The next night we lived it up a little more and listened to live music and ate slices of pizza at 10:30.
- There are lots and lots of smokers in Austin. (yuck)
- It was such a great time of just being together, without interruptions. We enjoyed long walks, browsing shops, and great conversations. It felt so good to spend intentional time on our relationship. We have a pretty great thing going on. We are deeply blessed to have what we do.