Monday, October 29, 2012

Tulsa Run 2012:



We did it! Doug finished the 15k in 1 hour and 26 minutes and I finished the 5k in 37 minutes. It was very cold running through downtown. I don't think my bones ever really warmed up. Doug and Alex ran together and Doug has said that he would not have been able to finish when he did without his help. Alex is a great friend and an awesome running buddy.

After I finished running I found Karen and a very upset Henry. He was so cold and very confused as to what was going on. We eventually found a semi-warm place to sit and recover. Puffs helped Henry recover and a hot coffee helped me.

It was such a fun experience and I am sure Doug and I will do it again. It was so fun running the streets of a city that we both love so much.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Way to go Castles! Races really are weirdly fun, no? And the sense of accomplishment after finishing is pretty great too.

Doug Castle said...

Correction: 1 hour and 26 minutes. I just want to get the facts straight.

Ashley @TheCreamToMyCoffee said...

I love that you did this! I've never wanted to run any sort of distance before, but everyone seems to enjoy it so maybe someday I should give it a shot?!

I'm glad Henry came to support you :)