Monday, October 22, 2012

Rough Week:


We have had a rough week in the Castle household. Pretty sure teething is causing all the pain and frustration. If I am not careful my mind runs away and I start to think about how many teeth are in a mouth and multiplying that by how many potential children we hope to have. That is a lot of teeth. And at this point we only have two of those little teeth.

The other morning I decided to make pancakes and strong coffee. I figured if we were going to be up that early we might as well be enjoying blueberry pancakes. Henry woke up tired (from his night of screaming) so we all went back to bed at 8:30 in the morning. Doug and I have been taking turns making sure we are both having breaks and time for some deep breathing. I am so thankful for my teammate.

Last night after we put Henry to bed, Doug and I spent time together praying for our sweet boy. Those prayers help our perspective. They remind of us how blessed we are to have our son. Remind us that we are going to constantly need the Lord's help in raising this boy. He is Henry's creator and knows him better than we ever will. Wisdom, help, and strength is available if we are smart enough to surrender to Him and ask for help.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love this. You, my friend are a good momma. That Doug is pretty great too!

Mom Keena said...

Well, at least he looks adorable in his red flannel shirt. So sorry you're having a rough go with those teeth. So thankful you are such great parents! Love you!