Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Turn for the Better:

Henry and I had a rough start this morning. I think mostly because of the 4:00 am wake-up from the boy wanting to eat. Which in turn, made me grumpy. He was fussy most of the morning and just crawled around crying off and on and pulling on my legs. We made it to morning nap time and then I plopped on the couch. I was eating my breakfast when Doug came by the house on his way into town. He gently challenged me to change my attitude and to remember that Henry is only a baby. He is not doing any of this on purpose or to just try to drive me crazy. At first I was pretty frustrated listening to my husband correct my attitude, but then when I stepped back and looked at the situation I really did need an adjustment. It is hard hearing those things sometimes. But I am truly thankful to have a partner that challenges me to be a better person so lovingly and carefully.

We ate a good lunch and then Henry and I came back to the house. I turned on my simmer pot on the stove and opened the windows. Turned some music on and crossed some things off my to-do list. Henry happily crawled around the house playing with his toys. We read some stories before afternoon nap time. Then Henry went straight down for a nap. I am thankful that today we made a turn for the better. I am thankful that today I did not let my bad attitude and my tired body win. I am thankful for a husband that loves and cares for me enough to sometimes say the hard things.

1 comment:

Erin said...

You are lovely and I am proud to call you my friend! Can't wait to see ya'll this weekend!!