6:00 am - Henry wakes up and starts making noise in his crib. Doug brings him to me in bed as he heads off to work. I nurse him. Henry and I both fall back to sleep.
8:00 am - I get woken up by a little hand grabbing my face or scratching my chest. Lay in bed together as long as he allows.
8:30 am - We play in the living room with our favorite toy balls and metal bucket and other various toys. I redirect him from the wood stove about eight hundred times.
9:00 am - I make my breakfast and coffee
9:30 am - Time to feed the little one. Usually a combination of applesauce, bananas, and oatmeal.
10:00 am - Nurse and then attempt for a morning nap, watch Price is Right
10:30 am - Mid morning check up call from Doug (my favorite)
12:00 pm - Henry wakes up from nap, we get dressed and changed
12:45 pm - Lunch down at camp. Lots of smiles and arm flapping upon seeing Dad at work. Sits in his high chair for about half the meal and then is over it. Never over those awesome red cups though.
1:30 pm - Play in our whale pool on the front porch.
2:00 pm - Dry off, eat some veggies, nurse again
2:15 pm - Afternoon nap attempt
4:00 pm - Wake up from nap and try to make it to 5:00. Toys, books, walks, pool again, whatever works.
5:00 pm - Dinner in the dining hall again. Repeat the smiles and arm flapping and red cup loving.
5:45 pm - Load Henry up in the stroller and go for a walk. He usually nods of to sleep for a quick evening nap.
6:30 pm - Watch Wheel of Fortune, nurse, eat some more veggies
7:30 pm - Go down to camp to pick Dad up from work.
8:00 pm - Bath time, book reading time, and play time with Dad
8:30 pm - Bed time for Henry, Recovering time for Mom and Dad
10:00 pm - Head to bed room to read
10:30 pm - Turn on David Letterman and fall asleep
2:00 am - Hear Henry stirring in his room. Wait to see if he puts himself back to sleep. If not go in for the pacifier reinsert
4:00 am - Repeat what happened at 2:00 am
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Last night we did not have a very big dinner. I was hungry right after I finished eating. Later in the evening I told Doug I was hungry and asked him if he wanted a snack. He said yes...so we ate some pickles. I was still hungry. So I asked him if he wanted another snack, he said yes. So I made some popcorn. I was still hungry so we had chips and salsa. Then to finish off our snack marathon we had cookies and milk. I think this might be a perfect example of how hungry a breastfeeding mom can be when the temperature is triple digits.
Monday, June 25, 2012
My wonderful mother-in-law came over to spend a few hours with Henry yesterday so I could help with registration down in camp. This is what I found when I walked into the house. She said that he was playing and was being a little fussy so she put him in her lap. The next thing she knew, he had fallen asleep. Do you want to know what is really awesome? They sat like this for almost an hour. She was too scared of waking him up to move. We are all so blessed by awesome grandparents.
Sunday, June 24, 2012
Saturday, June 23, 2012
Friday, June 22, 2012
- Had a sushi night with friends
- Watched three OKC Thunder loses
- I had not been able to find a table cloth that I knew I still had, so this turned into me cleaning out nearly every closet in search for the missing table cloth. I found it and now my closets are organized. Win win.
- Ate BBQ at our neighbors house with the kitchen crew.
- I finished The Great Gatsby, Doug started The Time Travelers Wife
- Went for a swim. Came home and the boys took long naps. I used that time to go into town by myself.
- Celebrated Father's Day.
- Henry and I gave Doug three hours of alone time on his day off. We went for a long drive and went shopping.
- Had some rough teething moments.
- I made yogurt.
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Saturday afternoon we went for a family swim. The water is still a bit chilly for me, so I did not stay in long. Henry was not bothered by the temperature of the water. His loves to splash in his bath at home, so you can imagine how much fun he had splashing in such a gigantic body of water.
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Not going to lie...it has been a rough past few days here in the Castle home. Henry has been very fussy and needy morning, noon, and night which means I have been fussy and needy. Doug has handled both of us like a champ. He took us to pizza last night, prayed for me, and asked how he can help . Other things that help move through the hard days and nights are strong coffee, funny pictures, walks, and sitting on our porch any chance I get.
You know what else will help? Grammy and Papa are coming soon! They make everything better!
Monday, June 18, 2012
- Doug worked all day, so we had to celebrate right before Henry headed to bed
- Henry made him a card with his hand prints
- Henry gave him a book called 'Daddy's Hugs' and a new pack of white undershirts
- Henry is so so so blessed to have Doug as his Dad.
Saturday, June 16, 2012
- Always makes funny faces when I try to take pictures of him
- Is my favorite person to have conversations with
- Will sometimes come home and check on me and Henry. He makes us a priority even in his busiest season of work.
- He tells Henry "Be nice to mom. She does so much for you."
- Helped me with the dishes last night even though I know he wanted to be working on his dirt bike
- Is a really really really great husband.
Friday, June 15, 2012
- Played in our hallway a lot. Little one is crawling all around the house now so the hallway is a great place to play. Long and skinny with no corners to bump his head on.
- Finished reading The Posionwood Bible (Next up, The Great Gatsby)
- Ate brunch at a neighbors house
- Spent a day at the lake with the kitchen crew for the summer. We enjoyed a beautiful boat ride and a delicious steak dinner.
- Watched two OKC Thunder play off games...in our home! Thanks for finally having the games on network t.v.
- Hosted a small group tea party at our house for my group of girls.
- Made some salsa
- Doug got a new part for his dirt bike...but it is still not running. Lots of frustrations with that old thing. Hoping to get it running again soon.
- Had a fussy baby for a lot of the week. Lots of crying and refusing to take naps. (not again!) I keep saying it is teething to help me feel like there is an actual reason for the fussiness. I have also now had two separate dreams where I go in to get Henry in the morning and he has two little teeth in his mouth. If only that dream would come true.
- Went to Sam's to buy 10 gallons of ice-cream for camp
- Helped post payments after registration for summer camp.
- Ate pizza at our favorite place in town.
- Managed to make it through the week with spotty water pressure. They are trying to fix our water pump, but in the meantime we have to cross our fingers and hope to have water every time we turn on the faucet, start the laundry, or run the dishwasher. The country life, ya'll.
Thursday, June 14, 2012
Monday, June 11, 2012
I make these cookies all the time. They are so quick to make and are such a simple cookie.
Preheat oven to 350. Combine 2 sticks of butter, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 cup of sugar. Mix well. Then add 1 tsp. vanilla, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp baking soda. Combine ingredients. Then add 2 eggs and mix on low until just combined. Don't over mix. Then alternate 1 cup flour, 1 cup oats, 1 cup flour, 1 cup oats. Scrap down batter and add chocolate chips. Bake for 11 minutes...they need to be barely brown and still a little runny. They will harden as they cool.
Recipe found here.
Friday, June 8, 2012
- Worked on the baby book.
- Rejoiced because baby Fletcher is home now.
- One night I swallowed my vitamins weird. To which I googled, "what to do when you swallow your vitamins weird". Thank the Lord for Google! [For the record you are suppose to keep drinking water and eat applesauce or yogurt]
- Ate a frozen pizza and watched Arrested Development at 10:00 at night.
- Went to find Maxwell in the garage and could not find him anywhere. Then I started to hear a noise in the car and found him curled up in the seat. Note to self: remember to close all the car doors.
- Had pizza night with the kitchen staff.
- Ate dinner outside for the Western theme meal.
- Enjoyed this awesome weather. We would be fine with 80 degree days all summer.
- Cheered on the OKC Thunder...we made it to the finals! During the last game of the series we were down by a lot and were playing horribly, the entire room watched Henry scoot across the floor because that was much more fun to watch. Thankfully, they got their act together and the last half of the game was much more entertaining to watch.
- I finished To Kill a Mockingbird. I enjoyed it much more this time than when I was forced to read it in high school.
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
A while ago, Doug asked me if I would want to go to the Bon Iver show in Tulsa. I immediately said yes, and we bought the tickets. We knew that the show was the day before camp started, but we did not realize that the show would be at the end of a very very long week. One of those weeks where Doug worked well over 80 hours.
We drove to Tulsa on Saturday after breakfast. Ate lunch with Doug's mom. Went back to her house and attempted to take naps. Henry decided he did not want to take a nap, so no one slept until Grandma stepped in and offered to take Henry for a walk. Everyone got a nap during that time, except for Grandma.
Doug and I headed downtown for dinner at Yokozuna. We shared sushi rolls and spring rolls. We talked about the best guitar players of all time. Doug guessed four of the top five. We got coffee at the adjoining coffee shop and walked half a mile to the Brady theater.
The Brady might be my new favorite venue. [You get to sit down!] And this crowd was great and let us do that,except for two songs. The Staves were the opening act. They nearly put me right to sleep with their beautiful harmonies and British accents. Bon Iver was perfect.
We followed the OKC Thunder game on our phones throughout the show. We won! And when they came back out to play an encore Justin was sporting a OKC hat. He sure knows how to win over an audience.
It was a perfect date.
Sunday, June 3, 2012
Today is the first day of summer camp. Makes me so excited and happy to see how the Lord is going to use us and the staff here this summer to impact his Kingdom. We pray for life change, safety, energy, and open hearts and minds.
Join me in lifting up the 284 campers that are about to flood our camp grounds.
Join me in lifting up the 284 campers that are about to flood our camp grounds.
Friday, June 1, 2012
- Had a 6 month appointment for Henry and drove to small town Oklahoma to get our tags for the new car. The tag agency is in a double-wide trailer...with a mini yard sale inside. What in the world?
- Went on a Sonic date and used two coupons for free drinks, thanks to mama Keena!
- Attended a block party down in camp and took this sweet photo in the photo booth.
- Hosted a small group lunch at our house for 10 of the girls that are on summer staff this summer. Doug went to a lunch for his guys group. The wives coordinated, so we all had taco salads for lunch. I made double of everything and sent some with Doug.
- Finally ordered some pictures of Henry. I had not ordered prints since he has been born.
- Attended a talent show and a skating party. Henry even got into the spirit of the skate night and dressed up as a dog.
- We have loved getting to know this new batch of summer staff. There are a little over 90 of them, so we are being realistic and know that we will not know them all super well. But it sure is fun getting to know as many of them as possible. Best time of year at camp...seriously!