Monday, March 26, 2012
Spring Break 2012:
We drove to Florida with some of our best friends in the entire world and spent a week together. The house was beautiful and huge. The weather was perfect. So perfect in fact it only rained on our last day there which was a wonderful excuse to hole up in the house and nap, read, watch t.v., and listen to the rain. The beach was just a short walk from the house. The majority of the time it felt like we had a private beach. There were only a few other families and groups.
We would wake up and make coffee and breakfast. Eat out on the awesome porch and then get ready to head to the beach. Play at the beach for a while and then head back to the house for drink refills and quick lunches of sandwiches or left overs. Then back down to the beach for the afternoon. The great thing about going with such a large group was that was always a group of people at the beach and always a group of people back at the house swimming in the pool, taking naps, or just taking it easy in the house. Then each night different couples prepared dinner. We would have a late dinner spread out in the dining room and out on the porch. It is also great to travel with excellent cooks. We had salmon, homemade sausage and pasta, brownies and homemade ice-cream, tacos, pizza, fried mushrooms, and wonderful salads. After dinner we gathered in the living room and played a different game each night. We laughed until it hurt. We ended our days cuddled in bed watching cable t.v. as we drifted off to sleep.
- One afternoon Henry went down for a nap and I left the baby monitor with a group that were at the house playing Risk. Doug and I headed down to the beach together. We played in the ocean, just the two of us, for a long time. The water was so clean and clear and the company was great. We headed back to the house when we got a text saying that Henry had woken up from his nap.
- Dinner at The Red Bar. We had a very friendly waiter and excellent seafood.
- Every night before we ate dinner someone prayed for our meal. I might have teared up nearly every time. So overwhelmed and thankful to be blessed with so many wonderful people in our life. We are blessed with such an awesome support system and blessed to have been able to go on such a trip.
- Doug dancing to "The Rhythm of the Night"
- Our last evening together we went down to the beach to take some pictures. It was one of those perfect moments in life. The sunset was breath taking, lots of fun, laughter, and joy.
- The encouraging and fun conversations that were had throughout the week. While making dinner, laying on the beach, in the car, and all throughout the day.
- Night walks on the beach
- Our drive to and from. We had a baby mobile with the Odoms. The babies were great, we listened to podcasts, ate at McDonalds for both breakfasts, found a Starbucks each way to and from, played would you rather, Emily and I brought the same issue of Real Simple to read, took turns tending to the little ones, and were all relieved that we made the 17 hour car trip with two babies
- Spending an entire with week with Doug. I loved waking up together each morning and seeing Doug spend every day, all day with Henry. Henry loved having Dad's undivided attention for so many days in a row.