Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Our Weekend:


 We drove to OKC to see some family and friends. Our trip started out a little rough due to misunderstandings and lack of communication. After an hour of silence we started talking and asked for forgiveness from each other and talked through our thoughts. Marriage at its' best right there. I love working through things together. 

We got to spend some time with our super talented friend, Esther. She snapped some beautiful pictures for us and I feel like she captured our little family pretty perfectly. Then we shared a meal with the Nails and the Sullivan's. I might have almost teared up during Eric's prayer. We really are so blessed to have so many wonderful friends in our lives. 

I fell in love with their sweet dog Winston. He let me lay my head on his soft belly and he likes to look you in the eyes. That is all you need to know. We ate lots of yummy chili, shared bread plates, and finished the evening with apple cake and coffee. 

We also got to spend a lot of good time with Doug's dad and his wife. We ate a really yummy dinner at B.J.'s, watched the Thunder game, and Henry spent a lot of time being handed back and forth between the grandparents. 

I love weekends away being surrounded by good food, coffee, and people we love. 

2 comments:

Erin said...

I saw those pictures on facebook and they are FABULOUS!! So good. I will also say that I am a little jealous of that hang out time! : )

Ashley said...

Come baaaaaack!

It was SO WONDERFUL to have you, Doug & Henry stay with us. We are SO GLAD to be friends :) And this post was a wonderful description of our evening.

Winston sends his love!