Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thoughts on the First Two Weeks:


We have been parents for a little over two weeks now. Here are some thoughts:

- The way Doug loves the little one brings me so much encouragement...especially when I am tired and frustrated. And I did not know if it was even possible for me to love Doug more...and then I had his baby.
- My nine month pregnancy was way easier on me physically and emotionally than the past two weeks post pregnancy. I think I am finally making some improvements in feeling like a human again.
- I still forget sometimes that I am not pregnant anymore. It is still weird to look down and not have a huge belly sticking out.
- Henry has the most beautiful eyes. Those sweet eyes have helped get me through so much.
- We have been so blessed with wonderful people bringing us dinner. It really does help to not have to think about the little things like what to eat for dinner.
- I think I need four more hands.
- The past two weeks have truly been the best and the hardest two weeks of my life. Funny how that can happen.
- Doug and I laugh a lot together...these days we laugh at our sweet boy and his funny facial expressions
- I thought I knew a lot about babies, and then I had one of my own. There are so many times throughout the day when Doug and I are standing looking at each other trying to figure out what to do. I love knowing that this is what all first time parents go through and I love being part of Team Castle. We are figuring each other out...one day at a time.
- The cold weather makes it super easy to stay at home and cuddle all day and night.
- We are so so happy our baby boy is here and with us in our home.

5 comments:

Kaitlyn said...

probably my favorite blog post ever.love you two!

Kaitlyn said...

or should i say, "you three!"

Mom Keena said...

Sounds like things are perfectly normal for Team Castle. When you come here in two weeks, Team Keena will be on standby!

Lindsey said...

Aww. You guys sound like such great parents!

Bethany Keena said...

So special to read! I loved getting to be there the little bit I was...and I'm glad there is such a great community there. Oh man...I love you three!