Friday, October 7, 2011

A Productive Afternoon

Many days I get a break in the afternoon, in between lunch and dinner.  Most of those days I try to get a little rest, but today I decided to do something a little different.

Most every productive day starts with a little white lie (at least in my life). I told Danae I was heading home for a nap but I had no intentions of napping. Instead I drove here...

To pick up the crib and mattress Danae and I ordered online (that she thought we were picking up tonight after work.)  I could have stopped after just getting it home but I decided to go above and beyond. First, I had to get it out of here...


Put it on this...


Open it like this...

And get ready to put this puppy together...


But first I put on one of baby's first CD's...


Then got to work...


I needed a break so I went next door to buy some lemonade, a story, a picture and a potholder...


Best two bucks I ever spent. Thanks Graneys...


I finished up assembling and ended up with this for little baby Castle...


I know this was kind of a long post, but I am making up for months of not posting anything on the ol' family blog. Also I hope this post makes my little lady smile, and I hope she forgives me for lying to her earlier.

-Doug




3 comments:

April said...

One day we will come to your kids pot holder sale/lemonade stand! :)

Steven Eiler said...

The workers are going home!

(Also, those story pages are amazing.)

Way to go, Dad.

Bethany Keena said...

Hooooray! Why am I so late on reading this?! :) I look forward to seeing baby Castle in the little crib!