Tuesday, September 13, 2011

This Past Week We:


1. Enjoyed having our windows open and getting chilly at night. It is almost fall.
2. I made some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that only got better with time. I think those are the best kinds of cookies.
3. We have been hosting a large group of elementary school kids this week.They are here doing our outdoor education program. My day looks like working in the office all day and then going straight to the kitchen to help out there for the rest of the evening. Doug's day looks like he wakes up at the crack of dawn and does not leave until the end of the night. Our days are long, but so fulfilling. 
4. I had my first pumpkin spice latte of the season.
5. I got to spend some time with Doug's family. We were blessed with kind words, sweet prayers, and gift cards from his wonderful family. I am so blessed to be a part of his family as well now.
6. Enjoyed evening walks with Max and the beautiful sunsets that we get to see here so often.
7. We re-watched the first episode of Friday Night Lights. It just felt like the right thing to do. 

No comments: