Sunday, August 21, 2011

Happy 30th Anniversary!


My parents are celebrating 30 years of marriage today. I have this picture framed sitting above my kitchen sink. It sits right next to a picture of Doug and I on our wedding day. I love to think that someday our children will look at our wedding picture and think that we look so different or think that it must have been soooooooo long ago. My parents have always shown us the importance and the value of marriage. I have never had any fear that things might not work between the two of them because of how seriously and vocally they take their wedding vows and commitment to each other and the Lord. I know that it has not been an easy breezy 30 years. Marriage is not easy breezy. But they have always shown us the importance of respect, love, laughter, commitment, and teamwork in a making a marriage work. Thanks for the beautiful example, Mom and Dad! Doug and I are incredibly thankful to have your marriage to look at. We love you!

No comments: