Friday, January 28, 2011

This Past Week We:


1. Bought Doug some new basketball shoes. Then we went to the game and he scored a point and defended like crazy. He has some serious skillz.
2. Ate dinner at Justin's house. We enjoyed really yummy chicken and biscuits and funny conversation about ex-boyfriends/girlfriends and homecoming dates gone bad.
3. Finished season four of Friday Night Lights. It made me cry too much, made me love Doug more, and made me excited for season five.
4. I made blueberry muffins...from a box...and they were honestly some of the best blueberry muffins I have ever made. I hate it when boxed mixes taste better than homemade. Paula Dean sure does know how to make good boxed muffin mix.
5. Watched two football games. Got mad at Jay Cutler. We are ready to cheer on the Steelers.
6. Had a kitchen staff meeting.
7. Organized our clothes. Did a million loads of laundry. Matched socks for an hour. And came up with a laundry plan to prevent us from having to do this ever again.
8. Ate lunch at Taco Bueno.
9 Doug attended a Guest Service conference. It was terrible. And the presenter was awful. But Doug made everyone laugh with his notes from the sessions.
10. I made homemade chicken pot-pie and remembered as I was pulling it out of the oven that Doug does not really like chicken pot-pie. He was a trooper and ate two helpings anyways and told me that if he was going to eat chicken pot-pie he wants to eat mine.

4 comments:

Bethany Keena said...

I think you should share your secret to #9...:) And I agree... it makes me angry when boxed mixes are better than homemade!

Mom Keena said...

Douglas does not like Chicken-Pot-Pie? Good to know!

Bekah said...

I'm thinking I may have to run downtown to the Paula Deen store and get some of her Blueberry Muffin mix, sounds yummy!! :-)

Benjamin and Jaime said...

I have to know where you got a Paula Dean Mix?!