Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Thanksgiving In Review:
- We officially had the most people in our small home for the longest amount of time. Every member of the family stubbed their toes on a chair or table at some point in the weekend, except Bethany. It was perfect though, except for the stubbed toes.
- I made and craved my first turkey. I cannot take all the credit however, because my hero dad took the stuff out and touched the neck and rinsed the raw turkey. And mom helped me butter the skin. Everyone loved it, including Maxwell.
- Some of my favorite moments were shared over coffee around the big table. We talked, played games, scratched backs, played with children, and enjoyed being together.
- We all really really really missed Andrew.
- I love playing sports with my family. We had our annual football game and then on Monday we had sports day. We played Gottcha, Volleyball, and Kickball.
- We sat around fires and roasted marshmallows, rode on the hay bus through the woods, petted horses, and enjoyed being at camp with our family.
- We also made trips into town for cheap Mexican food, more eggs and milk, and to go to church on Sunday.
- We decorated our Christmas tree with the help of wonderful niece and nephew Clark, built fires in our wood stove, drank cups of hot chocolate with peppermint sticks, and watched Elf together.