Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Date Night:

Last night we went on a good ol' fashioned double date. We met up with some of our dearest friends, Jon and Emily. We went to dinner and a movie together. I realized about half-way through our evening that I felt like my parents. For some reason, I felt very adult going to dinner and a movie with another couple. We laughed about how little we do that. Our evenings together are usually in one of our living rooms, drinking coffee, and eating homemade treats. It was quite a change for us to go out together.

We enjoyed really yummy food and True Grit. We treasure our friendship with Jon and Emily. We were engaged a day apart. We were married only one month before they got married. We both moved away for a year and then found ourselves back in Tulsa, living with our parents. And now we maintain our long distance friendship with frequent trips to Tulsa and phone conversations. We are so blessed by them, and I am so glad that we can go on adult dates with them!

3 comments:

Bethany Keena said...

yeah for date nights and dear friends! I'm so glad there are "bosom buddies" within couples, and you've found one in Jon and Emily.

Trish said...

Love double dates...especially with the right couple!

Jon Odom said...

This makes my day :) We love you guys so much.

Jon