Wednesday, March 31, 2010
- Grandpa's 80th Birthday
- Sprinkles Cupcakes
- The comfortable bed in the guest bedroom
- Brother Greg, and his very kind and funny improve team.
- Evening hot tub
- Having a Sunday off
- Mini-trips to Ft.Worth and Frisco
This morning I have been enjoying She & Him Volume Two. They are adorable and the music helps put me into a good mood. Sometimes I have fear and anxiety. Well, this morning She & Him and scripture has helped a little bit.
Having Doug back home will really help as well. Hurry up 6:30...
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Monday, March 22, 2010
Then we walked down to The Brook for $5.00 cheeseburger and fries night. My favorite part of the converstation was to have Doug descirbe certain people's hair styles. And then Doug said once we got home, "We should do that more often. Besides who likes to cook on Monday's anyways" [and that was yet again proof that we were made for each other]
We walked back home to get Maxwell and take him on a walk. We ended up having to force him to walk much of the time due to things to smell, other dogs, other things to smell, and then finally more things he needed to smell.
And now we are enjoying coffee and Dancing with the Stars.
Sunday, March 21, 2010
- Places my family members have lived in or are living
- Schools that I have articles of clothing with their name on
- Any school that I know of based on the fact that they go to the basketball tournament almost every year [Gonzaga and Xavier would be examples]
- If I have ever known anyone that has liked the team
We will see how I end up doing. If I win I get $100.00.
Friday, March 19, 2010
Thursday, March 18, 2010
We left with an assortment of old kitchen utensils that now have a home hanging up in my kitchen.
And we left with 7 old metal card catalog containers. I have been dreaming of these for a while. And we got them for 2.50 a piece. It was one of those finds that makes you giddy for the rest of the day. Now we have a new side table in our living room and a small table for our printer.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
I made blueberry pancakes and Doug told me that they were the best pancakes he has ever had. I am not sure if it is polite for me to agree, but I agreed. They were pretty darn good.
Then we worked on our budget, drove to the bank and got cash for our envelope system, and then Doug treated me to frozen custard with strawberries on top.
Saturday, March 13, 2010
We went to a benefit event last night that our friends Ben and Beth organized for a new coffee shop they are going to open up at their church. We are really excited about the things Ben and Beth are doing in the town we love. They have great hearts and creative minds that find new ways to reach the people around them.
On our drive there we talked about the blessing of friendships. I know that I just wrote about it last week, but seriously...we are blessed with wonderful people around us. I realize more and more that what we have is very rare.
Our dear friends are like the birds on the wire. They go with us where we go, near and far and share in life with us. (written by Doug E. Castle)
We got to the event and walked in to see Justin. One of our dearest friends. We hugged and enjoyed spending an evening together. We talked about church, the power move, black/white stereotypes, the kissing game, Surge and Jolt, and camp.
[We also enjoyed seeing the Harris's, Freeman's, King's, and West's. Blessed to know all of them as well!]
Friday, March 12, 2010
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
I think Doug would spend his fun money on:
- guitar strings
- save it for a dirt bike
- coffee and newspapers
Doug thinks I would spend my fun money on:
- Trips to Whole Foods
I will keep you updated on how we actually spend our fun money.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
- I have rediscovered carpet freshener. And, I am in love.
- I find myself searching on-line for vacations, coupons, and CR-V's.
- Seinfeld has been lulling us to sleep each night.
- Soup from Whole Foods is always a tempting meal choice.
Monday, March 8, 2010
We have been in bed all day, are taking turns taking Maxwell out and filling water glasses, and catching up on our recorded television shows.
Later today we will drag ourselves to Walmart because we have no juice, no milk, almost out of toilet paper, and no pain killer.
Hopefully tomorrow our head colds will be much better. A day in bed with my sweetheart should help tremendously.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Erin: A great friend with a beautiful heart. She made me laugh really hard on our walk back from dinner. Her love for Christ has always been inspirational to me. And I wish Conway was not so far away.
Ashley: We see a lot of things the same way. Our husbands like talking about finances together. And we like talking about the new Glamour issue, shopping, and puppies. She is also very funny and it is not very funny that they are about to move. We don't talk about that.
Hanna: Dear dear friend. I went to the bathroom when we were out to dinner the other night and a Queen song was playing. I came back to the table and Hanna and I relived our Queen loving days. She knows me and I know her. Lots of fun memories and boy am I glad that she is still in my life.
My life is so full of wonderful people, these just happen to be some of my absolute favorite. And I got to spend this weekend with them.
Oh, and we ate at The Brook. Again.
It is just so good.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
I picked up Doug. He had a long day. And was tired and also frustrated.
We could have let those things ruin our evening. But instead we stopped at Whole Foods, bought soup and came home and ate in our comfy chairs.
Now we are watching Stir Crazy, playing with the dog, and enjoying being at home and not in the office or stuck in traffic.
Monday, March 1, 2010
2. Started the Financial Peace University class. Went to the first class and left very thankful for how we have been blessed and thankful that we are still young. And can start saving now! Listening to the others go around the circle and explain why they were taking the class was eye-opening.
3. Went back to The Brook for lunch (might be one of my new favorites). This time we ordered the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich and Southwest Quesidilla. And we were seated at a booth without loud talkers next to us.
4. Played with Maxwell. Took Maxwell on walks. Gave him a bath. Cleaned his ears. Tried to blow dry him after his bath. Thoroughly traumatized him with the blow dryer. Had to comfort him.
5. Worked Worked Worked. Crazy weekend at church.
6. Doug had to take a business trip to Norman. For a training session called, Safety Town. Which involved him having to role play a police officer.