Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Burgers and Cake Bellies:

Last night we ate dinner at the new Smash Burger. Doug and I both had the OK Burger with french fries and Karen had the classic burger with haystack onions. It was very delicious. I loved the presentation of the meal. I would like to have some of those adorable wire baskets.


On the way home we stopped at the grocery store. We bought two lemons, bagels, milk, yogurt, and cream cheese.

Then I opened up this book. It is wonderful.


And I made the French Yogurt Cake with Lemon and the Banana Bread.

After baking and cleaning up all night I took a night shower and collapsed into bed. Then Doug came in and joined me and we laughed a lot, talked a lot, and fell asleep with bellies full of cake.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Yum! I love Orangette.

Lauren said...

I will have to try the new burger place!! Also, Brian and I are thinking about the spending no money challenge you guys did. I think we could only commit to a week though! :)
PLEASE share some of your fav. recipes from this book, I need some new inspiration!

Mom Keena said...

Sounds great! I'm so glad you like to cook, and that Douglas likes to eat! And that you both laugh a lot!

Trish said...

I read that book this summer too!! I liked it. You have GOT to make the Winning Hearts and Minds Chocolate Cake. The first time I made it I was going to give half of it to my secret pal...well...she got two pieces and I ate the entire rest of the cake over a 3 day period!! It's unbelievable!
I made the yogurt cake too, but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be...Maybe I'll try it again. I think she said it usually tasted better the second day. Maybe I ate it too fast...