Saturday, June 27, 2009

Grandpa Keena:

We made a spur of the moment trip to Poplar Bluff, MO for my grandpa's funeral. It was a nice time to be together (our whole family was able to make it) and remember our wonderful grandpa. My grandma is an incredibly strong person, and she made us laugh on multiple occasions in the midst of the circumstances.

My grandparents got married when my grandma was 16 1/2. She told us that she was so pretty it was a miracle she made it to that age without getting snatched up earlier.

We were able to be there with her and make sure that she got rest and meals. We were also there to give hugs. Grandma's love hugs.

The visitation lasted for several hours. People came from all over to pay their respects. My grandpa had a profound influence on leading many people to Christ. He was a preacher and an evangelist who was deeply concerned with lost souls.

We were able to come back home with a set of commentaries, an old plumb line, and several sheets of sermon notes that belonged to my grandpa.

2 comments:

Gary said...

I'm glad you have good memories of your grandpa. It sounds like he had an implact on many people.

Lauren said...

I'm glad that you got the plumb line! That will be a big help! Just kidding. I'm sorry for your loss. I know it is suppose to be exciting to think about people going to heaven, but some times it still hurts to not have them here.
Sounds like you have some amazing treasures (sermon notes, etc)to remember him with.
Bless you all!!