Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Mom Rocks :

My mom is really great. Here she is in 1973. I love this picture of her. She is wearing red (which is her favorite color), and the alligator is pretty sweet as well.


This is another great photo of my mother. Here she is surrounded with some of her children. She is one of the most real, wonderful, beautiful people I know. She has loved and nutured each one of us (which is a large task since there are seven of us). I feel like she makes parenting look easy. I know it is not, but she sure is great at it.

And then the more recent photo. Here we are just hanging out together. I love to see how our relationship has grown as I have grown. She is still my mother who loves and cares for me deeply. But the older I get the more I appreciate her and appreicate the way that she lets me (us) grow up. She is not overly protective or overly involved. She let's us be adults, but still is interested and a huge part of our lives.

I love you, mom! Happy Mother's Day!



1 comment:

Mom Keena said...

I love you, too! Thanks for the sweet post...now, where did you get that photo of me and Ally Gator?