Friday, April 3, 2009

This Week We:

1. Walked around the mall and then we walked around Crate and Barrel. And then Doug took me to get a Starbucks treat. It was a nice date.
2. I worked in the Clotheshorse. (The clotheshorse is like a free thrift store on campus for the seminary students). I folded clothes, swept the floors, and bagged stuff up.
3. At work we are trying to get rid of some old stamps. So I sat at my desk sticking two stamps on every envelope for a very very long time. Just to be told that there are still hundreds of stamps that need to be used.
4. I made crunchy oatmeal cookies with white chocolate.
5. Bought a bouquet of daffodils.
6. Woke up to a few inches of snow. In March.
7. Played kickball with the youth group. (I made my first catch and got someone out.)
8. Studied and read and went to class and worked.
9. Took naps on two different days during my lunch break.
10. This morning I prayed a short prayer just asking God to continue to take care of our physical needs. You know like rent and food. Well, we went to check the mail and we found an anonymous envelope. Inside was a short verse and poem and a crisp hundred dollar bill. I teared up as I walked back to work thinking of how good God is and how silly I am to worry and doubt. When I got back to work I slipped the bill into the money envelope marked food.

5 comments:

Bekah said...

Sounds like a GREAT week! Our God is SOooooo good! Have a GREAT weekend! :-)

Beth said...

That last one has totally happened to me before! In college, during a time of deep need, I came home to find an envelope in my mailbox w/ simply my name on the front. And a $100 bill inside. God's good at those kinds of gifts, I guess. :)

Mom Keena said...

So glad you had a great week, well except for the snow, I guess! And I'm glad God reminded you how much you mean to Him! :)

ErinLee said...

God is good.... and faithful! : )

Bethany Keena said...

tears. in my eyes. i love you, doug, your posts...and seeing God provide at just right the moment.