Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday Thoughts:

1. I was told on Monday that they need me to stay at my job until May 18th. God provided and has taken care of our biggest concern. We were not quite sure what we were going to do between now and the end of the semester, but now we know. I will be the University Receptionist that much longer.

2. My mom loves The Martins. We listened to them a lot as a kid. We usually had their tape in our van and as we drove around town my mom would sing to them in the front seat. Here is their picture:
I have been listening to them at work for the past week. Here is why:

standing on the promises of God

standing on the living word
standing on the promises of God with hearts of faith
so unworthy of His love
offering ourselves for all our days
standing on the promises of God
there is strength and comfort in his love
no matter what the need
there is hope and healing in his love
no end to his mercy to those who believe

and they remind me of my mom.

3. I told Doug the other day that I would love to be an administrative assistant for a children's program at a church. A few days later I got an e-mail from a children's pastor at a church in Tulsa that is looking for an administrative assistant to start in mid May.

4. Thanks for all of your prayers and kind words. We appreciate them greatly. You are all just so nice.

5. This weekend I plan on making chicken enchiladas and chocolate chip cookies. Taking a nap. If the weather is nice, hopefully Doug and I will get to take a nice long walk. And, we need to mail our sister her wedding present. After all, she did get married over a month ago.

Hope you all have a nice weekend.

3 comments:

Bethany Keena said...

It took me a minute to figure out who the sister was that got married...I was so confused. I got it though. You can send me an early wedding present this weekend if you want! :) I'm so selfish!

Katie said...

Wow--lots of good news for a Friday!!

Molly said...

That's so exciting about the Tulsa opening! Keep me posted! :)