Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Surprises:

Some things you need to know first:
1. For the past three years, Doug has either been really late with my valentines gift or I have just not gotten one. He would always say that he wanted to make sure he left room for improvement.
2. At the Starbuck's Doug works at he gets tips every week. He has been saving all of his tips for his 'fun money'. Money that he could use to buy music equipment, things with wheels, or lots of buffalo wings.

Doug had to work on valentines morning and I had to clean the apartment. I called him around the time he should be getting off and he told me that some girl had called in and he was going to have to work for the next hour or two. He apologized and hung up. I went back to cleaning and making a pasta salad. About an hour later I heard a knock at the door. I went to open the door and I found a box with a rose on top.

He had gone and bought lots of things that we love to do together. And with each thing he had written a note. The box had:
- a veggie sub from subway (with high fiber bread and spinach)
- a frozen pizza for dinner
- a Stevie Wonder CD
- Deal or No Deal game for our DS (we watch Deal or No Deal every lunch break that we have together)
- A cake decorating set.
- Two movies I have been wanting to see.

Doug had spent his fun money on me. On my Valentines gift. On Valentines Day. It was very sweet and special. I cried I was so happy and overwhelmed.

We also had another surprise. This one showed up at our door for a fast weekend visit:


We enjoyed talking with him and eating pizza together. It was so nice to have him here for a short time. And, he even wore his red sweater. He is seriously one of our favorite people.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love it! The thoughtful gifts are always the most meaningful. What a good surprise.