Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I want to be a REALLY good Husband.

This is Doug writing by the way, and this is my third blog post ever. Writing more blog posts is just one of the ways that I hope to achieve the lofty goal that I have set for myself (Danae likes it when I post on the blog). I want to know exactly how to take care of Danae. She is my favorite person in the world.

There has been a lot on my mind lately, and I am quite certain that I could not possibly write all of my thoughts here. I am equally certain that doing so would result in a long and boring post even if it was possible. Instead I will just write a short list of thoughts that have resulted from some of this recent reflection. In no specific order...

Just some recent thoughts:
- I am still learning how to be married (and most likely always will be)
- I am still learning how to be in seminary
- I am still learning how to be humble like Christ (and most likely always will be)
- I want to make dinner more often
- I want to go to the city more often
- I should be giving more foot rubs
- I know Danae trusts me
- I know I don't want to do anything to lose that
- I am thankful for the many blessings in my life
- I am ready to watch some Top Chef tonight
- I will be okay if OU doesn't win this weekend

-and-

- I want to be a REALLY good Husband.

Thanks for stopping by, tips and suggestions are always welcome!

Doug

3 comments:

nathan van said...

here is my advice:
every day make sure and tell her that you think she taily

Mom Keena said...

From what I can tell, Mr. Castle, you ARE a REALLY good husband! Glad you are married to Danae!

Katie said...

good husbands, really good husbands, are a really good thing.