Friday, October 3, 2008

Two Down (on both sides of the family)

Earlier this year I was sitting in a sonic parking lot, drinking some vanilla dr.pepper, and talking with my future sister-in-law Jeanette. She was telling me about this boy named Brad that she had been talking to. This boy named Brad that she had started to like. This boy named Brad that she wanted us to meet. This boy named Brad that might beat me up if I keep calling him a boy.

I remember trying to get Jeanette to call him her boyfriend. She had a hard time saying that word. That word sure can be scary. Eventually, she started calling him her boyfriend.

Then, we all got to meet this boy, oh wait I mean man, named Brad before our wedding. He was brave enough to come to our wedding and not just meet every member of Jeanette's family but also many of my family members. One of my favorite parts of that weekend was watching Brad and Jeanette together. You could see how much he cared for her. And how much she liked being around him.

Now Jeanette is not just calling him her boyfriend she gets to call him her finance. Today when Jeanette called I was sitting at work, married to her brother, and talking about her wedding and marriage.

It is crazy how fast life can change. And, we are so thankful this is a happy, welcome and exciting change:

The future O'Hara's.

4 comments:

Mom Keena said...

Yay! Any guy that can survive the Castles and the Keenas must surely be a keeper! So does that make him my son, somehow? I hope so!

brad ohara said...

Thanks! I think it's going to be fun to be family! Who cares what the rules say. I can't wait to see all of you guys again! Hope you're doing well.

Katie said...

love it love it!

Molly said...

Awww....SO exciting!

Sorry I couldn't make it up there last weekend...Any chance you all want to come back to Arkansas this weekend? :)