Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Last Night

Our apartment is full of half used mustard, ketchup, half an onion, jar of garlic, cheese, boxes of baggies, and dish soap. We have two full pizzas in our refrigerator and our freezer has a box of half eaten sausages, and ground turkey. We also have a roll of wrapping paper, three eggs, four boxes of matches, and some crushed red pepper. And the list could go on and on.

These are some of the positive things that have come from my family's move to Montana.

The not so positive things are that I have never known Trinity without them, the parking spot for apartment 233 is vacant, and I sit alone at work without my dear mother to laugh with and talk to.

We went out to dinner last night with mom, dad, and david and I said in the car that I would probably not cry when they left. I did not want them to take it personally because Bethany wept.
We ate some chips and guacamole, ate some cake, hugged goodbye.

And then I cried. In the car on the way back to our apartment. I kept crying as I fell asleep.

It hit me much harder than I expected.

Doug reminded me as I fell asleep that God would take good care of them as they make the move and start a new life there.

And that is so true.

5 comments:

Trish said...

I get teary-eyed too and they'be been gone from Siloam for 4 years!! I guess they're really moving away...

Katie said...

Danae,
I didn't know your family was moving! I am so sorry, my dear. I will keep you in my prayers.
Love,
Katie

Beth said...

I am teary-eyed too! That Doug of yours is pretty wise. You should keep him around. :)

-beth

Mom Keena said...

This post caught me by surprise! You said you would not cry. I am glad you did. I am not glad that I am crying in this coffee shop right now. People probably think I am sad. And they are right. I miss you!

Blair Family said...

That is hard...my parents are moving in few weeks and I know I am going to take it alot harder than I think:) We miss you all around here:) Come visit again soon!!