Our sweet baby girl joined our family on September 9th at 5:21 pm. Her labor and delivery was the most smooth, shortest, and most intimate delivery I have had. There were so many happy tears once we heard the news that we had a sweet girl. The boys came up to meet her the next morning and it was truly one of the best moments in my life. Henry was so so proud and excited and tenderly held her and talked to her and asked questions for a long time. Jack immediately asked to hold her and was very gentle and kind. Our hearts are so full!
Friday, September 23, 2016
Thursday, September 15, 2016
- I pulled the whole family into this bump photo. It might be my last bump photo, so I figured our whole family should be involved.
- I had a major break down this week. Scared Doug half to death. I was feeling hot, tired, and my clothes don't fit anymore. So I went to bed. Once I laid down I just started weeping. Doug walked in and immediately was concerned something was majorly wrong. I am sure he was very relieved to hear that the main issue is that I am just so ready to meet our baby. Thankfully that will be solved very soon.
- We went on a hike up Turkey Mountain. It felt good to be outside and the weather was turning hot just as we were finishing the hike. We had lunch at Chipotle on the way home and it just really felt like the perfect morning.
- I have done lots of walking, bouncing on the birth ball, and lots of praying and waiting.
- I have been having lots of contractions. One evening they were even coming every five minutes for about 2 hours. As soon as I stood up and walked around they stopped. This is where the last few weeks/days of pregnancy are not only physically so taxing but also mentally.
- We could call this week, The Swelling Week. My toes and fingers. And I finally just took off my rings because they were so tight. I hope they are back in their proper place very very soon!
- I have also felt smaller this pregnancy until this week. Now I just feel huge.
- I am a bit obsessed reading labor stories and googling odd things like "is swelling a sign of labor?" and "are you more likely to go into labor at night or during the day?".
- We are so so so ready to meet this little one!
Sunday, September 4, 2016
- I pretty much just wear loose clothes as much as possible at this point. And I hope this is not TMI, but most days, Doug comes home to find me making dinner in my shorts and sports bra. Big belly just hanging out there. He told me the other day that he really is going to miss coming home to see me like that. And the wonderful thing is he means it and he tells me and it makes me feel like I am maybe not just a freak of nature at the moment.
- I had a meeting this week at work and all the ladies were so kind and said all the right things to me. I did think that it would be pretty crazy to go into labor in a room full of women. Pretty sure everyone would just explode in excitement.
- We had two different times of sweet prayers for our upcoming delivery and baby! Sunday morning our group circled up around us and prayed and then that evening my girls dinner group said some sweet prayers for us. It really does make such a huge difference having the support of so many wonderful beautiful people.
- When we went to the doctor this week, Jack walked right on in and just bellowed out "Good morning, Dr.Cox!" He smiled and said good morning back and the nurses all laughed. It was so sweet. As much as he has seen Dr.Cox in his short little life, Jack probably thinks he is a family member.
- We have been counting down the days until the due date with a paper chain that the boys and I made together. I am hoping this might give them some idea that we really will be having a baby come live in our house. And so sooon at that!
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
We had another ultrasound this week because my fluid levels were looking a little low. Thankfully, again, all looks just fine and we got another sweet look at little one. The ultrasound tech was so excited because she got a good look at baby's ear and she said that is not very common.
I am feeling all the feelings still of being super pregnant. Both physically and emotionally. Physically, I have lots of contractions throughout the day and I feel this baby in my hips much more than I remember feeling with the boys. Walking is much more of a task this time around. Lots of leg, back, and feet aches. And my rib is still so tender and sore. Emotionally, feelings of "this baby will never be here" to "oh my goodness baby will be here before we know it!" in a matter of seconds. And the constant thought of "what is my action plan if I go into labor now." or "what will I do if my water breaks here" etc.
Doug made the comment that this is the "move-iest" baby we have had. He was sitting across the room and he could see the ripples of my stomach as baby moved all around.
I had a super vivid dream this week that it is a girl. Doug is still thinking boy. And I am thinking girl but I always have thought girl and we have boys so then I come back around to thinking it is a boy. My mental processes are real fun these days.
Speaking of mental processes, Henry got a black eye from wrestling around with Jack this week and my first thought was "this baby can't come until his eye is healed! I don't want pictures of him meeting the baby with a black eye". My mind is a real treat I tell you.
Had a good pregnant cry this week and Henry walked in the room and noticed. As he left the room he asked Doug "What is Mom fussing about?" Doug and I both immediately started laughing and it immediately made me feel so much better.
Wednesday, August 17, 2016
We had the growth check this week to see how little one is growing. Everything is looking great! And baby already weighs over 6 pounds. It is always such a treat getting to see precious baby. This time we got a really good look at the face and could even see the eyes blinking. It is always so amazing. I think baby looks like Jack! But we will see, in only a few short weeks.
Doug got to feel some really good baby movements the other night. Baby had his/her foot sticking straight out and you could see it through my belly. Again, so amazing. And it never gets old.
I am at the point where I get asked about a million times how I am feeling. I am thankful that I can still say that I still generally feel pretty good. Sure it hurts to walk, my rib is still painful, and I can't get up and down with ease. But really, overall not too bad and I know so many other ladies have it so much worse at this point in pregnancy.
I do have to do a three point turn to turn over in bed at night. I am sure Doug is looking forward to a sharing a bed with someone that does not cause quite as much bed movement in the night.
I am feeling like this baby will come early, but I also think literally every single pregnant lady thinks that. So I am not giving those thoughts too much weight. But I have packed bags just in case.
Thursday, August 11, 2016
Doug is a champ and agreed to snap some pictures of the boys with "the bump". Forced photos are not really our strength in our family but I was so pleased to have one where both boys are looking and have smiles on their faces. It really is crazy to think that this is my last pregnancy and last big belly. I have loved walking through this pregnancy with these two sweet boys by my side and their faithful father.
We went to the doctor this week and he said I am measuring small so we will do a growth check next week. I am not quite sure how this large belly of mine could be considered "small" in any way. We are hoping and praying that all is just fine. I have also already to start progressing a little! So crazy.
Doug and I went up to the hospital to preregister this week. We parked super far away by accident and got lost trying to leave the hospital to find our car. If for no other reason than knowing where we are parking and going, I am so glad we had a chance to go up to the hospital pre-labor. But it is also nice to have papers signed and questions answered.
The boys are just the very sweetest. I hope I have communicated that well. Henry is constantly checking on me, giving me foot rubs, and asking how big the baby is now. Jack pats my belly throughout the day, asks when the baby will be here to ride in the car with him, and talks to the baby. It is so sweet and exciting for everyone.
Nesting is one of my top three favorite things about being pregnant. It is in full swing around here but I am realizing I have to take more breaks and rest more than I remember with the boys. Every closet, cabinet, drawer, and shelf has been touched. Doug was even a champ this weekend and helped organize our entire garage.
Tuesday, August 2, 2016
- I find myself thinking, dreaming, and praying for this new little one all throughout the day. I am getting so excited and ready to meet this baby and to see how he/she fits into our family and our lives. The boys are getting equally excited and possibly confused as to if and when this baby will actually be born.
- We converted Jack's bed back to a crib, cleaned out the van and moved car seats all around, picked out outfits and unpacked the baby toy box. The next morning Jack came out of his room and asked "Where is the baby, Mom?" It is getting more and more real for all of us.
- I think being super pregnant and hot is making for some more symptoms that I never had with the boys. By the end of each day my feet are achy and swollen. And I have been more nauseated at night and just not very hungry in general. Except for sugar after my afternoon naps. Darn my sister for leaving us a huge box of oatmeal cream pies. I hate every single one of those things over the past month.
- Speaking of sleep. I take a nap nearly everyday. I always lay down and think that I will just rest for a bit but always end up sleeping hard for about an hour. I am still getting good sleep at night! Praise Jesus for that.
- Doug commented this week that he thinks this baby moves more than H and J did. I think I agree. It is truthfully hard to remember, but this sweet one really does kick and squirm and move all around. There are times I really think the baby is stretching allllll the way out and it literally changes the entire shape of my stomach. Such a fun thing!
Friday, July 29, 2016
- So I spilled some water at Braum's and had to ask about five employees to help get a mop to clean it up. It took me way to long to realize that those poor people probably thought MY water broke. No wonder I had all the blank stares.
- Doug has been getting lots of good kicks and punches in his back when we are sleeping at night and my belly is resting up against his back.
- I have been feeling much more uncomfortable thanks to my sore spot on my stomach that hurts if I am sitting but if I lay down I have heart burn. And then just the general trouble of getting up and down. But that is bound to happen when you have to share your body with an almost five pound baby.
- All the emotions are still in full force most days. Times my eyes have welled with tears this week: Jack pooped two times in about 10 minutes, a lady asked me how I was feeling, and I was just talking to Doug about the lady asking me how I was feeling.
- I tend to have more and more people tell me they think we are having a girl this time. Doug is thinking boy again. And I have no clue. No mother's intuition over here. I am preparing for a boy. But really, just getting to the point where I am really really ready to meet this sweet new member of our family.
Wednesday, July 20, 2016
- I walked into my girls dinner group and found a surprise diaper shower waiting for me. Well, actually they had to point it out to me because my brain is not firing on all cylinders. But still, I got tears in my eyes and was so surprised and grateful for their thoughtfulness.
- We ordered bunk beds for the boys. Since this is baby number three the purchases that are made are actually for the older kids, not the baby. So now everyone will have a bed to sleep on and possibly all in the same room. We shall see how that all goes. We also need to order a new car seat for Henry. Again...poor baby just getting leftovers and the oldest getting the fancy new things.
- I am still feeling generally well. Which I am so thankful for. Sleepy for sure, but I would take that over in pain any day.
- 50 more days until the due date!!